Run the Deck Challenge - 3


30 days in and it has been a bumpy ride over the past week. I've had a heavy cold and chesty cough. It kept me out of action for 48 hours, but I find it lifts when I run. Mainly down to being able to spit out all the gunk!

I've generally been running further than I need to. This has been in part due to not wanting to stop once I started, partly because I wanted to round up to a 5k or 10k, and on a couple of occasions it was because I drew a lower number on a day I was planning big mileage.


I really enjoyed the marathon on day 24. It was the SVN Ranscombe Winter Challenge The combination of feeling good and beautiful scenery helped me manage second place and a healthy time given the muddy conditions.

Over half way already and another marathon coming up in a couple of weeks. Run the deck is helping to keep me motivated and racking up the miles.
  • Day 21 - 8 ♦ - ran 9.5 miles
  • Day 22 - 5♠ - ran 5.5 miles
  • Day 23 - A♥ - ran 1 mile
  • Day 24 - J♥ - ran 26.2 miles
  • Day 25 - 6♦ - ran 6.2 miles
  • Day 26 - 2♥ - ran 3.1 miles
  • Day 27 - 5♥ - ran 6.2 miles
  • Day 28 - Q♦ - ran 14.1 miles
  • Day 29 - 7♠ - ran 7 miles
  • Day 30 - 9♥ - ran 9 miles
A total of 87.8 miles.

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge