Belfast Street Art


This year I have been fortunate to visit all four nations that make up the United Kingdom. I spent a weekend in Wales, a few days in Scotland, I live in England, and my final destination was Northern Ireland. Work took me to Bangor via Belfast, and as always I managed to fit in some time to run and explore. 

My flight arrived on the Friday, a day earlier than work required, as I hoped to see Rachel Sermanni perform live. Sadly she was ill and had to cancel. Instead I put on my Asics and went off to see the sights of Belfast.

As regular visitors to this blog will know, I love street art. I've documented plenty of the London scene, and also did a tour of the pieces in Glasgow. I had researched Belfast and there seemed to be some works there too. In fact there was much more than I had anticipated.

I headed north along the River Lagan towards the port and saw some sculptures including Sheep on the Road, Nuala with the hula, The Salmon of Knowledge (The Big Fish), Sammy the Seal and Homeless Jesus. There are numerous Homeless Jesus statues around the world from St Paul's in Buffalo to St Peter's in Rome. I had also seen one in Glasgow recently.









A tour of the streets of the city led me to a treasure trove of graffiti including some familiar names like Dan Kitchener whose work can be found near me in Brockley and Penge, Londoners Nathan Bowen, Fanakapan and Mr Cenz. 

Some artists were at work and I stopped to watch them in action. Here are the pieces I enjoyed.





Dan Kitchener




Nathan Bowen


















Mr Cenz

Fanakapan














































Dan Kitchener

Dan Kitchener

Dan Kitchener

Dan Kitchener

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge