Glasgow Street Art

It had been a couple of years since I last visited Glasgow. Pre-Covid days. It was good to be back. I was on a trip as part of my work with several meetings lined up. However, there is always room to fit in a run or two, and Scotland is one of my favourite places to run.

I knew that there was plenty of great street art in the city. I thought it would be good to run around and view it much like my regular street art runs in London.

A little research revealed a simple 10k circular route called the Mural Trail that would take in most of the main pieces. Starting at Enoch Square I made my way to the river and along the Clyde to Clyde Street where there were a number of pieces outside The Clutha bar.





















The next stop was Old Wynd and a homage to Billy Connolly, comedian and son of the city. 



Just around the next corner was this spaceman piece and then further up the hill a series of giant murals on the side of the tall buildings in Ingram Street and near the University of Strathclyde.














A short run into the centre took me through George Square past the City Chambers and Queen Street Station. Now heading to the north-west I came across more pieces including a series of hand shadows.









Back down towards the river were more pieces, many hidden down narrow alleyways.


















The next day I went to see a couple of others I had noticed while walking between meetings.









Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge