Run Lewisham


A year ago I set and completed the goal of running every street in Folkestone where I was then living. Now in Lewisham I thought about doing the same here. Every street in London? - I don't think so. Lewisham town? - not challenging enough. Lewisham Borough? - that's more like it.

From the day I arrived here I have been plotting my runs on a map of London and already have many local streets covered as well as some longer runs beyond. I find it helps to be able to see these things visually. It is also a good motivator for a run when you live in a city and don't want to run far enough to get to a park or the River.

The biggest problem is that once you've started it is hard to stop. There is always just one more street to run. However the upside is that you get more miles in.

So I have some roads around the area filled in and will now be trying to fill the gaps. Lewisham encompasses an area of 35square km, ranging from Deptford in the north to Sydenham in the south, Dulwich in the west to Lee in the east. 

This is the current situation. Some way to go yet..

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge