London A-Z Part 5 (X,Y,Z)

Running to 26 places in London, starting with A and finishing with Z. All runs from my home and back again. X-Z stumped me. There are no areas beginning with X or Z. Instead I decided to look for streets.

X - XX Place


This can be found in Tower Hamlets just off Mile End Road.

There used to be an XX Street but it has since been knocked down. There is a health Centre at Mile End Hospital that has been named in memory of it. Find out more here.


Y -  Yew Tree Close


This is located just up the road from me and overlooks the Ravensbourne River as it flows through Lewisham.

Not much else to say about it really. I added it to a longer run.


Z - Zangwill Road


The final letter and probably the hardest to find. I happened upon it when running W. I noticed Zangwill Road as I ran along Shooters Hill Road and logged it. The choice was between this and London Zoo. I would have gone to the zoo if it wasn't for a nasty groin pain that began on the way back from XX Place.

This was my second attempt to get there even though it is only 4 miles from my house. The previous try was aborted due to a lack of motivation. This time I aimed just to make it there and back but had a surplus of motivation that took me all the way to the Thames Barrier and around the Greenwich Peninsula.


So that is it, London from A-Z. There must be millions of place combinations that can be used but this was mine. In total I ran 400 miles completing the challenge.

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge