Run the Deck Challenge 5 - Completion


And so the deck has been run. 52 cards in 69 days. Here are the last 12 days.

Day 41 - A - ran 1 mile

Day 42 - 8 - ran 8.5 miles

Day 43 - 6♥ - ran 6 miles

Day 44 - 9 - ran 9.6 miles

Day 45 - J♣ - ran 12 miles

Day 46 - 9♦ - ran 11 miles

Day 47 - 4♠ - ran 4 miles

Day 48 - 5♣ - ran 5 miles

Day 49 - 3♠ - ran 3.1 miles

Day 50 - K♠ - ran 14 miles

Day 51 - 2♣ - ran 2 miles

Day 52 - Q♠ - ran 20 miles

A total of  96.2 miles

It has been a fun way to motivate myself and set/complete another Run the..... While not as onerous as the Run The Date it still provided enough of a challenge.

I particularly enjoyed Day 50 when I ran up in the hills again with John and Prakash (photo below). Also the last day was a special one - not just because it was the end - but I was able to do a run I have wanted to try for 3 years.

Sunny Sands is a large, flat beach to the east of Folkestone. The tide varies greatly and so within a few hours the view can change from being one of a huge sandy beach, to a filled harbour. My goal was to run laps of the beach from low to high tide with the circuits becoming ever smaller until I was simply washed off the beach.

I hadn't planned to do this run on that day, and didn't know the tide times, but when I arrived the beach was exposed and the sea was beginning to rise. I kept going and gradually it climbed up the shore until after two hours it was completely in. By then I had completed umpteen laps and 20 miles.

So now what? I still have the 20 parkruns in under 20 minutes in 2020 challenge to complete, with 18 more to complete. Apart from that I am going to rest and focus on our upcoming house move. This will provide many new running routes as we will be in central London. I'm also becoming a running guide so will be able to share my love of running with others and earn some pocket money.

I would still like to achieve a 5K and Half Marathon PB before the end of the year, but no more Run The....challenges. Yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

A bridge too far?

The Druid's Challenge