The parkrun 20202020 Challenge


Having completed the 12 in 12 challenge last year and also Run Folkestone and the Run The Date Challenge, people have been asking what I have planned for 2020.

The main challenge this year is the 'parkrun 20 Challenge' which I am doing with John. This involves running 20 parkruns in 20 different locations in under 20 minutes during 2020. Can you spot the theme?!

I'm looking forward to experiencing some parkrun tourism, focussing on speed and pushing myself on different courses, while encouraging one another all the way.

There are a handful of parkruns locally but we will have to head to London at some point and it would be nice to venture a little further afield if possible too. Obviously it isn't all about how close they are; some that are nearby will be hilly and off road and therefore tough to go sub 20.

Being me I have also set some other goals...

1. In June the charity I work for is holding a 75th anniversary event. I have offered to be sponsored to run from Folkestone to London (75 miles) arriving when the event starts. This may be in one go, or split over two ultras.

2. I'm aiming for a PB at 5k and Half Marathon distances.

3. I'm planning the sequel to the Run The Date Challenge - The Run The Deck Challenge.

This will involve a form of running roulette to determine how far I will be running each day. I will shuffle a pack of cards and then each morning draw the one off the top.

An Ace - a minimum of 1 mile, A 2 - a minimum of 2 miles etc. etc. up to Jack - 11 miles, Queen - 12 miles and King - 13 miles.

My plan is to do this for a month with one day off per week. I have also chosen to do a minimum of that amount as I may be booked in for a longer event that day.

4. I might do a few marathons along the way too...

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge