October



October was a strange month after all the excitement and effort of September. I needed a rest but became quite down and lost my running mojo for a few weeks. It also meant that I got out of the habit of stretching and eating well.

By the end of the month I was wanting to be out again though. I was even a little nervous when I turned up for my October Marathon but ended up running well and with no injuries or lack of fitness. I felt that the long distances had improved my stamina and speed.

Achievements:

101.5 miles run

Ranscombe Marathon completed 10/12

Goals for November:

Thames Meander Marathon

200 miles

No alcohol

Daily stretching

Highlight:

A strong run at the Ranscombe Autumn Marathon led to finishing second on a beautiful Autumn day. The route took us through woodland and fields. It had rained for a full week beforehand and continued the day after, but on the day of the run it was clear and dry.

Best run:

A 17 mile bimble alone out on the hills around Folkestone. I found myself with a free morning and took off into the fields and woods above the town. Along the way I saw beautiful mushrooms, bright yellow finches and the army playing war.

Lessons learned:

Even when resting it is important to keep stretching and eating well.

Popular posts from this blog

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

A bridge too far?

The Druid's Challenge