Run The Date - Day 28


Date: Saturday 28th September

Distance: 28 miles

Motivational quote: "The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you."

Sponsor: Anon

Song: Inni Mer Syngur Vitleys Ingur by Sigur Ros

Running partner: John Lawrence and Folkestone parkrunners

Weather: Mixed and windy

Fuel: Weetabix, coffee, banana, scone.

Route: Horn street, Hythe, parkrun, The Warren

Comments: A strong run today. I managed to get a half marathon in before parkrun. I took parkrun easy and then John, Claire and I headed off for a long one.

We headed downwind towards the Harbour and then Sunny Sands. From there we went off road and did some trail running down to the seafront in The Warren.

It was uphill from the beach back to East Cliffe, and then we did a loop of the town to finish on 26.6 miles.

That evening I jogged around the local park to bring it up to 28. My knee was sore, but just two days to go and I have passed the 400 miles for the month mark.





Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge