Run The Date - Day 2

Date: Monday 2nd September

Distance: 2 miles

Motivational quote: "Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out."

Sponsor: Sharon Moore

Song: Congruence by The Bearing

Running partner: None

Weather: Blue sky and cool

Fuel: Coffee and toast with pineapple jam

Route: Lower coastal park to the Harbour Arm and back.

Comments: This morning I started my run at the office and headed down the zig-zag path to the Lower Coastal Park. This is a beautiful area of paths, flowers and trees at the bottom of the cliff just above the beach. From there I took the Boardwalk which is made up of railway sleepers crossing the shingle beach to the old train station.

Once I had run along the platform I continued up the Old High Street. I couldn’t help putting on a sprint here to try and get a fast time as it is a segment on Strava. (I managed 4th place all time and fastest this year). It was then a simple jog through the shops and back to the office. 2 miles done.

To make sure I am fuelling well enough I had a coffee followed by a bowl of Alara organic Muesli with hemp seeds, pea protein, honey and chopped banana.





Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge