Run The Date - Day 10


Date: Tuesday 10th September

Distance: 10 miles

Motivational quote: "Own the moment, this is your journey."

Sponsor: Richard Chambers

Song: Offence - Little Simz

Running partner: John Lawrence (am) Folkestone Running Club (eve)

Weather: Dry and sunny (am) Warm and dry (eve)

Fuel: Banana and Shreddies (am) Tofu stir fry (eve)

Route: Radnor Park Loops (am) Three Hills Sports Park loops (eve)

Comments: 

Day 10 was my first two parter. I planned to go out as usual for the Tuesday Bald Monkey run and had then been invited to Folkestone Road Runners in the evening.

I set out with John less than 1twelve hours after we returned from the nine miler but I felt pretty fresh. It was a simple route down the road to Radnor Park. This is a big park in the centre of town opposite the train station. It is roughly a half mile loop, so we did six laps. A total of five miles, followed by the traditional morning coffee.

Folkestone Road Runners meet twice a week at Three Hills Sports Park. I joined them at 6:30 for a session of 400m loops interspersed with 1 minute rests. The group are very friendly and allowed me to share what I am doing before chatting with me as we ran.

I joined the eight lap group and ran at a medium pace while the elite did 10 fast laps. The run there and back along with the eight 400m loops was exactly 5 miles.


Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge