Run The Date - Day 1

Date: Sunday 1st September

Distance: 1 mile

Motivational quote: "Every day is a good day when you run."

Sponsor: Emily Gregoriou

Song: Sunday Shining by Finley Quaye

Running partner: John Lawrence

Weather: Clear and cool

Fuel: Pizza

Route: Home to Cheriton

Comments: And so it begins. After all the build up and planning I’ve finally started my challenge.

I’ve been overwhelmed by the support and encouragement of all those who have given financially, taken an interest and offered to run with me. The total already exceeds my target of £1000 and I am hoping it may creep above £1500. All to a great cause – Folkestone Rainbow Centre.

Day 1: A nice gentle run accompanied by my running buddy John ‘Bald Monkey’ Lawrence. The mile took me as far as Cheriton where I was able to pick up my bike that had been in for a service.


Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge