Listen the date - part 2


Here is the final half of my Run The Date playlist:

Day 16 - Gabriel by Lamb - My favourite band and one of their best songs. Beautiful.

Day 17 - Every time the sun comes up by Sharon Van Etten - I just love her voice and this lazy, meandering tune is perfect for a long run.

Day 18 - The Shining by Badly Drawn Boy - Another feel good song that just trickles along like a babbling brook carrying you with it.

Day 19 - Got to keep on by The Chemical Brothers - Back to some hard, fast dance music. The title says it all and I'll need that mantra at this point.

Day 20 - Beetlebum by Blur - I'm hoping this rolling, repetitive refrain will lull me into a trance so the miles fly by. Reminds me of playing darts at university...

Day 21 - One more time by Daft Punk - Another hypnotic track but with a good mantra to boot.

Day 22 - Higher State of Consciousness by Josh Wink - You can tell I'm rolling out the high energy tracks as we approach the marathon distance. This is the most high energy track I know. I tormented my flatmates in halls of residence with this until my speakers gave up. A friend referred to it as R2-D2 being electrocuted. Just what I will need on this day.

Day 23 - Wake Up by Arcade Fire - Uplifting, joyous, ecstatic, huge and a joy to run to.

Day 24 - Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin - There's a lady whose sure all that glitters is gold....

Day 25 - Windowlicker by Aphex Twin - You may not know the title but I'm sure you'll recognise the tune. Experimental, catchy, weird and fantastic.

Day 26 - Inni mer syngur vitleysingur by Sigur Ros - The beat of this song fits my running cadence perfectly. You'll know I'm listening to this as I'll have a stupid grin on my face, hands in the air and chanting gobbledigook.

Day 27 - Sweet child o'mine by Guns 'n' Roses - Axl's voice, Slash's guitar, that opening solo. An epic tear jerker.

Day 28 - Seven Nation Army by White Stripes - Dum, dum-dum dum-dum dum dum. Tsh tsh tsh tsh. Gonna beat out these 28 on Meg's drumsticks and Jack's howling guitar.

Day 29 - Heroes by David Bowie - I'm no hero but I need to feel like one to get through these final back to back marathons. With David I'll be OK, just for one day.

Day 30 - Nothing else matters by Metallica - A Bald Monkeys anthem. It got John and I through the Dymchurch marathon and it will get me through the last day of the challenge.

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge