Listen the date part 1


Music inspires me. It can also be a great motivator. I never usually run with music as I like to be alone with my thoughts and the sounds of nature, but I think on this occasion it will help with the challenge.

When I first started running I used to listen to an MP3 player with a few tracks on it. Now whenever I hear one of those songs I am immediately transported back to the streets around my old home in Northampton. Maybe this will create an audio memory of this time too.

I've chosen 30 songs, one for each day, that make up the track list on Spotify. Some I have chosen for their upbeat tempo, others for the lyrics, some because they resonate in some way that inspires me and others because I just love the song. You can find the playlist on Spotify under Run The Date.

Here is part 1:

Day 1 - Sunday Shining by Finley Quaye - It's a Sunday, it's still summer and this is THE tune for lifting your spirits on a sunny Sunday.

Day 2 - Congruence by The Bearing - A new band from Folkestone who are about to release their first album. A beautiful voice and lyrics to engage and inspire.

Day 3 - This is the one by The Stone Roses - It's the Stone Roses

Day 4 - Groove is in the heart by Deee-lite - A feel good song that never fails to put a smile on my face and I still know all the lyrics to sing along to.

Day 5 - Daydream Believer by The Monkees - Another sing-a-long classic with a uplifting tune and it fits the Bald Monkey theme.

Day 6 - Skinny love by Bon Iver - A more relaxing vibe today but a haunting and evocative tune.

Day 7 - Cyboogie by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Great band name and great tune. Perfect for a good tempo run, the beat driving me forward.

Day 8 - Summon the fire by The comet is coming - Another 6 Music discovery. I just love the energy in this song and the saxophone solos. Bring it on.

Day 9 - Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana - This should fire me up for a fast 9 miles.

Day 10 - Offence by Little Simz - My favourite artist at the moment. Angry, assured, lyrically brilliant hip hop.

Day 11 - Acquiesce by Oasis - Raw rock and roll at its best with Liam snarling on vocals. The best B-side ever.

Day 12 - Common People by Pulp - Continuing the Britpop theme it's an anthem for a generation. Another sing-a-long guaranteed.

Day 13 - Nervous Tics by Maribou State - Love this! A nice chilled vibe as I roll along for the half marathon with his on repeat. No doubt I'll do an extra 0.1 miles today.

Day 14 - I bet you look good on the dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys - Another monkey song and a classic to get those feet moving.

Day 15 - Never fight a man with a perm by Idles - Just the title warrants inclusion from the aptly named album 'Joy is an act of resistance'. Angry, funny, aggressive, fast paced. Perfect for half way.

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge