(Late) May



May was a month of milestones. During the final week I completed my 250th parkrun on the Saturday, ran my 5th marathon in five months on the Monday, and broke the 1000 mile barrier for the year on the Wednesday.

It was also my sixth month teetotal and I remained injury free.

Achievements

213 miles run
No alcoholA balanced diet
Cakeathon Marathon completed in 3.31.24
Daily yoga stretches
250th parkrun
1000 miles for the year

Goals for June

Clifftop Challenge ultra-marathon
No alcohol
A balanced diet
Daily yoga stretches

Highlight

After almost seven years I finally made it to my 250 milestone at parkrun. It is a long wait between getting your 100 t-shirt and applying for your 250. I now have four of the five colours – red for 50, black for 100, green for 250 and purple for volunteering 25+ times. Just the white one for 500 to go!

Best run

That would have to be the Cakeathon. One of the least painful marathons I’ve run despite achieving a fast time. I felt no pressure, kept it steady, fuelled and hydrated well and enjoyed myself. That’s what running is all about.

Lessons learned

See above. Sometimes you can achieve more by striving less.

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge