February

It has been another good month. I've managed to sustain the diet and exercise plan. Added to this I managed to smash my Folkestone parkrun 5k PB which had stood for 18 months.

John and I managed to achieve another marathon - in fact it counts as an ultra by 1.3 miles! No injuries as yet although plenty of sore, tired muscles.

The weather has been unseasonably mild with temperatures of 20 degrees during our lunch C25K runs. Enjoyable but strange. The group continue to run well and next month will all graduate by running their first full PB.

Achievements


  • 187 miles run
  • No alcohol
  • A balanced diet including fruit, seeds, vegetables and plenty of water
  • Weekly progressive hill sessions
  • Weekly 20+ mile long run
  • 5K PB - 18:34
  • Lenham Cross Winter Marathon completed
  • Daily 2 minute plank, 20 press ups and yoga stretches
  • Good sleep
  • Continued C25K at work up to 7 weeks.
Goals

  • 200 miles
  • No alcohol
  • A balanced diet including fruit, seeds, vegetables and plenty of water
  • Weekly progressive hill sessions
  • Weekly 20+ mile long run
  • Sub 18:30 parkrun
  • Medway Monolith Marathon
  • Daily 2 minute plank, 30 secs side planks, 20 press ups and yoga stretches with 10 bridge
  • Good sleep
  • Finish C25K with parkrun celebration 
Highlight

My parkrun PB was fantastic. My fastest run in nearly 3 years and quickest at Folkestone. It is only 7 seconds of my all time PB set on a much flatter course. I had to push hard and strained everything out of myself but it was worth it.

Best run

The Lenham Marathon was incredible. The views and the people made is hugely enjoyable but I struggled with shin pain for the second half. The fact that I managed to finish was a major achievement and to place so high was an added bonus.

Lessons Learned

  • I can still PB!
  • Some pain can be managed and overcome

Popular posts from this blog

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

A bridge too far?

The Druid's Challenge