A good start to the month


A good week. I've managed 50 miles in 7 days and feel back to my best. No sign of pain in the foot and legs are strong.

On Saturday Little John and I ran 10 miles pre parkrun. We headed out towards the Channel Tunnel and then back through the Elham valley, across the golf course into Hythe and returned to Folkestone along the canal before sprinting up Sandgate Hill.

I followed that with my best parkrun time since August (20:20) and best placing since May (7th). Not sure where that came from except that it was very windy and most of the fast people were away on cross-country.

On Sunday I headed out on another night run and kept to the lit streets down to the Harbour, up to the top of the Leas and back again, a 10 mile out and back.

Tuesday morning I was with LJ again and we covered 10 miles. Then again on Thursday. This time we headed off piste along The Warren which is a trail in between the rail track and the sea. It was thick with slippy mud and a good excuse to get filthy. It reminded me of my Obstacle Course Running days.

Finally today (Friday) I did a quick 4 just to bring up the half century. My hamstrings are tight but a bit more yoga tonight should sort me out for another long one tomorrow.

I'm just 50 miles from 1500 for the year and so excited about 2019. I've knocked the booze on the head and am aiming for my best year of running ever. To inspire me I'm reading 'In the running - stories of extraordinary runners from around the world by Phil Hewitt. which I highly recommend. Next up is North by Scott Jurek. It's the story of how he ran over 2,200 miles along the Appalachian trail in the USA.

Popular posts from this blog

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

A bridge too far?

The Druid's Challenge