That was the week that was


This week has been a good one and I am right back on it. On Tuesday lunchtime I went out for a tempo run which felt great. By the end I had managed 10 miles in 70 minutes including a good climb. My legs felt full of energy.

My route took me all the way around Folkestone, through the woods and back along the canal and sea front. I was tempted to complete another 3.1 but saw sense and called it a day.

On Thursday I also spent my lunch hour running but the weather was ferocious. A storm was blowing in and the wind exceeded 30mph at times. That’s fine when it is behind you, but take a gust in the face and you soon find yourself running on the spot.

The scene of giant grey waves crashing onto the shore made it all worthwhile as I struggled along the sea front and back for a total of 6.2 miles (10k)

I’ve managed to fit in some stretching every other day and, although my alcohol intake has been higher that I would have liked, I am in good shape with no recurrence of the foot pain.

In total I managed 87.7 miles this month despite having almost 2 weeks out injured. That leaves me 100 miles to complete in December to reach my goal of 1500 for the year and an average of over 4 miles per day.

I’ve already been planning 2019 with my fellow Bald Monkey, Little John. So far it looks like this:
  • January – New Year’s Day Marathon – Dymchurch
  • February – Deal Half Marathon
  • March  – Lymm 20 Miler
  • April – Paris Marathon
  • May – To be decided
  • June – Clifftop Challenge Marathon

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge