A bit of background

Welcome.

I thought it was about time I combined my two hobbies, writing and jogging. This blog will be a record of the ups and downs (literally and metaphorically) of my journey from this point on.

Why jogger?

Everyone refers to themselves as a runner these days but I prefer the term jogger. It's just more real, more earthy, more descriptive of my level. I won't be winning any races or challenging for best in age categories. I jog for two main reasons:
  • It makes me happy.
  • It makes me healthy.
There are many other benefits too; the freedom, the space to think, the friendships, the sense of achievement, the challenges, the self discipline, the list goes on.

I'm sure all of these will come out as I share my experiences. For me running is as much a spiritual activity as a physical one. In fact for me jogging is attractive because it impacts every area of my life.

Where I'm at.

At the moment I am running around 100 miles a month. This includes two regular group sessions each week.

On Saturday mornings I join with 150-250 others for a 5km Parkrun in my home town of Northampton. On Monday nights I attend Parklands Jog & Run (PJR) which involves one hour sessions ranging from hill work to interval training. When I can I also go to an OCR (Obstacle Course Training) session run by PJR.

Parkrun
This year I have set myself a challenge to run many different events including OCR, 5km, 10km, half marathons, marathon and ultra marathon distances. I'm aiming for a personal best (PB) in all of these. That is my competitive side coming out! 

Parklands Jog & Run
The most important goal this year however is to enjoy jogging and remain injury free.

Popular posts from this blog

A bridge too far?

Bushy, crewing and an Epping ultra

The Druid's Challenge